Celebrating 50 years of YWAM I recognize that as YWAM celebrates fifty years of ministry, God’s Spirit is at work in amazing ways around the world. I eagerly want to do my part to make sure that “the flame goes forward” and thus help fulfil God’s dream that every individual might hear and that all nations may be impacted by the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
I consider it a great privilege to be alive and called “for such a time as this” – and therefore, by God’s grace, I commit myself:
- To love the Lord my God with all my heart, soul, mind and strength, and to love my neighbor as myself (Mark 12:30-21)
- To seek first his kingdom and his righteousness above every concern for my own life and future (Matthew 6:25-34)
- To serve others for no greater reason than my love for God (John 21:15-17)
- To take up my cross and follow Jesus wherever he leads me (Mark 8:34-35)
- To do everything I can possibly do through the power of the Holy Spirit at work in me to fulfil the Great Commission in this generation (Mark 16:15)
I covenant before God – together with my brothers and sisters – to make these my priorities until “the earth is filled with the knowledge of the glory of the Lord as the waters cover the sea” (Habakkuk 2:14).